Member Registration and Logon
- Members have access to the "Members Only Section" of this website, which is password protected.
- To access the members only section, the member must login, at the top right corner of any page.
- Each member has his/her own unique password, which is provided when the member is granted the "active" status. Members that have a "lapse" status or "pending" status (from July 1 of each year until the date renewal fees are paid), cannot view the "Members Only Section."
- To be granted the active status, the member must have enrolled or renewed his membership online, and the Treasurer must have verified that the membership dues have been paid (either via the Pay Pal gateway using a credit/debit card, or via check).
- A unique password is provided the member via an email when the member is activated.
- The member should use the "copy and paste" method to enter the password when logging in the first time.
- The member should change his/her password to one that is more user friendly.
- Passwords are case sensitive.
- To change your password, click on the "Forgot Password," enter your email address, and SUBMIT. The site will send an email to the email address you entered, with a link directing you to a page on the site which allows you to select a new password.
- If you forget your password, you can use the "Forgot Password" feature above.
- If you did not receive an email with your password, and you beleive you are an "active" member (i.e., dues paid for current year), try using the "Forgot Password" feature above.
- If you do not get any emails, you should check your spam folder, or check with your IT Department to have emails received from NCTMA@memberlodge.com "whitelisted."
- Do not "reply" to any emails received from NCTMA@memberlodge.com , but reply to email@example.com instead.
- Memberships run from July 1 through June 30 of each year, regardless of when you enroll as a new member, or renew your membership.
- To renew your membership, logon as a member, using your password, and click on the icon "View Profile" under your name, located at the top right hand corner of the page. Click the icon "Renew Until July 1, XXXX" icon.
- Currently, there is not a grace period for membership renewals. If you do not renew before July 1, your membership will "lapse." You can activate a lapsed membership.
- You must renew online each year before you can register for the Kickoff Conference held in September. Otherwise, when you attempt to register for the conference, you will be prompted for an event fee to be paid. If paying your membership renewal fee by check, you can still register for a meeting, even if the check has not yet been received by the Treasurer, as you will be in a "pending" status.
- Once in the "lapse" status (or "pending" status), until your membership renewal fee is paid (received if paying by check), you cannot view the "Members Only Section."
- If paying your renewal fee by credit card, refer to the "Using PayPal Gateway" section below for instructions.
- If paying by check, the "payment instructions" displayed when you "Renew" will provide you the address to send your check, along with a copy your invoice that can be displayed and printed.
Registration for Meetings
- Logging on prior to attempting to register for a meeting is no longer necessary.
- When you attempt to register yourself for a meeting, you will be prompted to enter an email address. Use the email address associated with your membership. Otherwise, the system will prompt you for a payment, and you will be registered as a "guest" instead of as a "member."
- Note that all memberships lapse June 30 of each year. Members must therefore renew their membership for the new year before attempting to register for a meeting during the new year.
- When you have successfully registered for a meeting, you will receive an automated confirmation email from the site.
- To ascertain if you are registered for a meeting, login first using your password, and then look under "Meeting Registration." If you are registered for a particular meeting, beside the "Register" icon will appear the message, "Already registered." This verification feature cannot be used if you are not currently logged in under your password.
- If you have already registered for a meeting, and attempt to do so again, you will be reminded that you have already registered for the event. You will be the given the option to "register another."
- Some meetings have a cap on the number of attendees that can be accommodated. The site will indicate the how many spaces are available.
- Register for each meeting as soon as you know you will attend, as this helps with having an accurate head count, and will help ensure the spaces do not fill up before you attempt to register.
- Reminder emails will be sent out prior to meeting events.
Registration of Guests for Meetings
- If you have a guest desiring to attend, each guest should be registered separately. The event fee (generally $40) can be paid by charging the credit card of either the member or the guest.
- Members desiring to register a guest can use either the member's or guest's email address. Email confirmations from the NCTMA site will be sent to the email address entered.
- You should supply the guest's contact information in the registration fields.
- You should complete the "Guest of" field when registering a guest.
- Selecting the "Guest of Member" option, and the "Online payment" option will prompt for the event fee payment and redirect you to the PayPal secure gateway, allowing you to enter the credit card info.
- When redirected to the PayPal site, you may have to change the name and email address (to that of the cardholder), as the guest's name and email will be populated based upon what was entered on the meeting registration page.
- If PayPal recognizes the email address as one that is associated with an established PayPal account (e.g., either yours or your spouse's), you will be prompted to login to the PayPal account. You can avoid logging in by selecting the link at the bottom that says "Pay with your credit card as a PayPal Guest"
- If the credit card transaction is successfully processed through the PayPal gateway, a confirmation email will be sent by PayPal to the email address entered on the PayPal site. This email is separate from the one sent from the NCTMA site.
- Generally, one meeting per year is designated as a membership drive meeting, and invited guests who are potential "practioner members" can obtain free registration for that meeting. They must obtain a pass code to enter when registering.
Registration of Substitutes for Meetings
- If you are a member and cannot attend a meeting, a substitute can attend in your place, provided he/she is employed with your organization.
- The event fee is the same as a member, which is generally "Free."
- The substitute, not the member, should registered for the meeting, using the substitute's email address.
- The substitute should complete the "Guest of / substitute for" field.
- The substitute should select the "Guest of Member" option, which will prompt a $40 Fee event. The fee should be ignored.
- It is important however, to select the "Manual payment" option, in order to avoid being redirected to the PayPal gateway.
- An officer should be informed by the member of his/her designating a substitute, using the firstname.lastname@example.org email address. An officer will "confirm" the substitute's registration, which will be in a "pending" status when first submitted.
Using PayPal Gateway
The NCTMA is using the PayPal secure gateway to avoid security concerns, and to be in compliance with the PCI Data Security Standard.
You do not have to have a PayPal account to use the gateway. All major credit cards are accepted through the gateway.
P-cards are accepted, provided your company has not blocked the use of PayPal's MCC (merchant category code).
PayPal can be used for paying membership dues, or for paying event fees that may apply.
When redirected to the PayPal site, you may have to change the name and email address (to that of the cardholder), if the card is in a different name than that reflected on the registration page.
If PayPal recognizes the email address as one that is associated with an established PayPal account that you (or your spouse) may have, you will be prompted to login to the PayPal account. You can avoid this logging in by selecting the link at the bottom that says "Pay with your credit card as a PayPal Guest". If you have a PayPal account, you can use it to make your payment if you desire.
If the credit card transaction or PayPal payment is successfully processed through the PayPal gateway, a confirmation email will be sent by PayPal to the email address entered on the PayPal site. This email is separate from the one sent from the NCTMA site.
Send email to email@example.com